Friday, January 6, 2012

Why Would I Wanna Do That?

So tonight my family was discussing evolution. I am taking a science course called "Ecology" this year. It's essentially the study of environments and the effects humans have on them. It's an extremely interesting class, and I have learned some things that I've wondered about for years. The one things I've always heard about, but never understood is why people want to save the rain forests. Well we just went over the topic of rain forests this week, and the week before Christmas vacation. Without getting too "nerdy" I'll explain what the big deal is. Rain forests hold 50% of the biomass in the world. That means it holds 50% of all plants and animals in the world live in a rain forest. You would think the soil there would be really fertile right?? WRONG! There is so much life in the rain forest that when a plant dies, it decomposes within days (it's very warm and moist) but it's used up within days. So the soil there has no nutrients. So the big problem with cutting down rain forests is that they cannot grow back. I know that's a lot of back story and I don't know why I told you that.


Anyways. We had to watch this movie for the class about the rain forests. In the beginning of the video it was talking about how it took 400 million years for the rain forests to form and it went through the stages and blah blah blah. The one stage was the primates. And then the narrator was like "and 4,000 years ago, humans began inhabiting the Earth." Obviously, evolutionists believe that humans evolved from primates. That philosophy just grinds my gullet. I can't STAND it! I don't voice my opinion often because it's senseless and only brings about debates, but I just can't TAKE it! When the Bible says that God formed man out of the dust of the earth and breathed the breath of life into him, I BELIEVE IT!


Dad brought out a very valid point. The people that believe we evolved don't want to admit that there is a Higher Power that did create all things, because they don't want to be held accountable to that Being, God. So it's easier to say, "Well humans evolved from apes and we are the most advanced species" and so on and so forth. Humans want to be the biggest, the baddest, and the toughest so that they don't have to come to the realization that there IS a God who wants to be in control.

I've heard it said SO many times! I don't WANT to be the biggest or the baddest. I like having a God that I can turn to with my problems. I can trust Him with my deepest secrets, I can cry to Him with my biggest fears. When people think that they are the "ruler" of their life, they are taking on all their own problems, and it DOESN'T work. You will always find that someone who wants to be their own ruler ends up breaking down and being too weak. God is big enough that He wrapped Himself in the flesh of a puny little human and took on the problems, sins, fears, and faults of the entire world, and He didn't break down. He conquered Death, Hell, and the Grave, and came back from stronger than ever. It's amazing what a Lord and Savior we have! So anyways.....I got all fired up about it! So all you out there in public school, don't let the teachings of this world twist your mind and make you doubt the all-powerful Lord we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment